** I just re-read this and decided to post…it was written 2 months ago – very interesting thoughts in light of where I am today!
Sometimes God just wants to be alone with you and it’s in those quiet times of meditations of the heart that He speaks the loudest. I hate to admit it but it’s mostly when I am feeling out of sorts and questioning where I am and what I am doing that I FINALLY stop to listen and see what He has to say and where I’ve missed it. If we are feeling out of sorts and feel like we have missed something somewhere – it’s probably because we have. We have moved out of alignment with His will for our lives. When we don’t take the time to be still and quiet before Him and we just begin to go with the flow of things and the people around us – we begin to get out of alignment and move away from His purposes. We get caught up in things and before you know it we are in total confusion and unrest. You know something is just not right – You feel things are getting harder to do. Its not always that you need to press in (although, there are times to do that) Sometimes it is because we have totally moved away from what God wanted us to do. Let me warn you – it won’t always look like it lines up according to man but your spirit will know as soon as you give up wrestling and get back on track where you need to be. God has a perfect plan for each of us and a certain sphere of authority.
Ask yourself these questions today …
1. Where are you at spiritually? Are you spending quiet times with Him listening for His voice and direction?
2. Why are you doing what you are doing? Is it because you heard the Lord speak clearly to you or did man’s voice over -rule God’s?
3. Are you finding it harder than normal to go with the flow of things? Do you feel out of sorts?
4. Have you asked God lately what He wants you to do and where He wants you to be?
5. When is the last time you waited silently before the Lord to hear Him speak a word of direction to your heart?
Whose voice are you listening to? Whose plan are you following – your own, man’s or God’s?
In the end what will matter the most – being obedient to what God spoke to you or running after Man & his plans?
I hope you take the time to ponder over these questions and re-evaluate your walk with the Lord! This is something we must do periodically because it is so easy to get out of alignment. I want to be aligned properly – in the right position, in the right timing and with the right connections.
Lord, help me today to see where I missed it and show me how to get back where you need me to be!