I found these (3) points that I had written down a while back as I was looking through papers. I’m praying that it helps someone today face their battles with a new strength and determination to stay focused & stay in faith.
How to Keep Moving in the Midst of the Battles We Face
1. Take your eyes off the battle and look at Him.
Courage, strength and refreshment are found in Him. Recognize that you can’t do anything in your own strength.
Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9
2. Allow Him to flood you with His vision and His perspective.
Ask Him to give you eyes to see as He sees – to see from His point of view – His perspective. You need to see the situation as He sees it. You will need His perspective to fight until the end (until breakthrough comes)
3. Determine to live in the temporal but live for the eternal.
2 Cor. 4: 16-18
The present battle is inside the realm of time but is temporal (subject to change) but the glory is everlasting.
We have had quite a few struggles/challenges/battles in our household these past few months, well, actually, since the beginning of the year. I always look at the beginning of a new year as a new beginning or new opportunity – but that doesn’t mean it will be without battles.
The other day I had to face a new challenge/battle and immediately fear came upon me. My first reaction was to give in to it because that was all I could see at the moment. Fear always magnifies the situation! Fear keeps you from exercising your faith. Fear is the opposite of faith.
I had to quiet my soul for a minute and then I knew that I had a choice to make. Was I going to give in to that fear or exercise my faith??
* Fear = False Evidence Appearing Real
* Faith = Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things we hope for, being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction of their reality (faith perceiving as real fact what is not yet revealed to the senses. Hebrews 11:1
I knew that I had to find scriptures in His word to stand on. As I began to read His word – scripture after scripture He begin to strengthen me for the battle.
* Therefore, put on God’s complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day (of danger) and having done all the crisis demands to stand firmly in your place.
* So shall My Word be that goes forth out of My mouth; it shall not return unto me void (without producing any effect, useless), but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
* My grace (My favor, lovingkindness & mercy) is enough for you (sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully) for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) in your weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
I heard that still, small voice say to me “Who’s report are you going to believe?”
Those words reminded me of the story in Numbers 13 about the twelve spies. The spies were sent into scout out the land. They came back with a negative report saying that the land was good BUT there were giants in the land that were TOO strong for them. Immediately Caleb quieted the people and said, Let us go up at once and possess it; we are well able to conquer it. The spies replied by saying, we can’t go up because they are stronger than us – we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
How do you see yourself? And, how do you see the God who lives inside of you?
* Yet, amid ALL these things, we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37
The spies looked at themselves and at the giants in the land. They allowed the fear of man to consume them.
Joshua & Caleb who were among the spies that went out to scout the land saw entirely something different from the others. chp. 14: 8-9 The land is exceedingly good. If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, a land flowing with milk and honey. Only do not rebel against the Lord, neither fear the people of the land, for they are bread for us. Their defense and the shadow of protection is removed over them, but he Lord is with us. Fear them not!!
Same situation – different views. One through the eyes of fear. One through the eyes of faith!
Scriptures to meditate on;
Heb. 13:6, Ps. 27:1,14, Ps. 118:6, Ps. 56:4, Isaiah 8:13, Pro. 29:25, Ps. 5:11, 12
Are you facing a battle today?? Who’s report are you going to believe ??
Whatever situation you are in today – God is well able to deliver you! Keep your eyes on Him and realize your strength comes from Him and His Word! See yourself as He see’s you – well able to conquer the giants in your land!